First Charge - out the box - Charge to full!Updated 2 months ago
Fully charge the LiPo battery before use - each and every time - including before using the battery the FIRST TIME out of the box.
The battery is shipped having been charged to the ideal storage charge - so be sure to fully charge your battery upon receipt before using👍
Note: you may stop charging before it reaches full and continue charging later - as long as you don't USE it until it has been fully charged.
- We do not recommend leaving the battery unattended when charging
- Always use a fire resistant bag or container when charging
- Always charge to full before each use - the charger is programmed to balance charge the internal cells - during the last part of the charging process the charger will be verifying that each cell is balanced.
- If you cannot be present for the full charge cycle, it is ok to stop charging and resume the charge when you are available to monitor charging again. Just be sure to fully charge the battery before use.
Your battery is fully charged when:
- using the B3Pro charger - all three LED lights turn green
- using the HotRC charger - readout in the display window shows the voltage maximum* and may alternately show "FUL" (note: you may not see the FUL indicator - especially if you leave the battery on the charger after it reaches full - as the charger will continue to minutely discharge and charge the internal cells in an attempt to balance the voltages between them and when this is happening the FUL indication disappears.) We do not recommend leaving the battery on the charger once it's fully charged.
*Maximum capacity slowly declines over time and with use. When the the maximum declines to 80% it's time to replace the battery.
Leaving the LiPo battery plugged into the main drive unit when not in use is not recommended. The switch may get accidentally turned on and the battery will continue to drain - and if the voltage drops below the minimum voltage. This will permanently damage the battery. Protect your investment - ALWAYS disconnect the battery plug from the drive when not in use.
CAUTION: The battery should always be allowed to come to room-temperature before charging. Charging a hot or cold battery might delay charging or damage the battery. For best results, charge the battery at temperatures between 50º and 80ºF (10º-30ºC).
The advice given above is general in nature and you are responsible for the safety of your batteries. SwiftPaws is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of batteries sold by SwiftPaws.com.