How Everything SHOULD work
Here's how your main drive, remote, battery, & charger SHOULD be working:
Knowing how each component SHOULD work will help you know what to report when you contact [email protected]
Start by watching this video: SwiftPaws Home Step-by-Step Setup A-Z
It's about 14 minutes long - but as you watch it, you may become aware of something that you overlooked or are doing differently - which might make a difference in performance.
About the main drive unit:
- when you turn the power switch to the "on" position:
- you will hear three (3) beeps, increasing in tone
- then you will hear two (2) beeps every few seconds until the drive syncs with the remote
- when they sync the drive will sound two (2) rapid beeps
- note: the two rapid beeps may happen during the 2 slower beeps resulting in a strange beeping pattern - but once it beeps rapidly twice - the beeping should stop because the drive and remote will be paired.
About the remote:
Remain within 10-15 feet of the main drive unit to maintain connection.
- About the Remote Control that Shipped Between July 1st and Dec 10th, 2020
- About the Remote Controller that Shipped after December 10th, 2020
Note: Moving the trigger wheel too soon after turning the remote on may cause "ghost running". If your SwiftPaws seems to have a mind of its own and runs without your input - try turning the remote off. Then when you turn it back on, allowing a few moments for it to sync with the drive before moving the trigger wheel.
About the battery and charger:
If your battery is not fully charged, the drive may not work well, or may not work at all.
- You may have to push pretty firmly to get the battery connector to fit firmly into place on the charger
- when you first plug the battery in - the LED lights on the charger will light up red
- As the three cells inside the battery reach full charge - the corresponding LED light will turn green
- this can take several hours, and possibly up to 24 hours.
If an LED light never comes on - or if one more more LED lights never turn green - your battery is not being fully charged.
If after 24 hours all three (3) LED lights do not turn green - email [email protected] and describe the problem, and what you've already done to troubleshoot
Tips for best performance:
- Always begin with a freshly and fully charged battery.
- Make sure you keep the remote controller within 10-15 feet of the drive unit
- Use the tethers when setting up the course -they are essential to keeping the correct tension
- Adjust the tension correctly - SwiftPaws is designed to operate on very little tension.
For help email [email protected] - send pictures & videos whenever possible!