Is my battery or charger bad?Updated 2 years ago
If your SwiftPaws is not performing as well as expected, the problem might be your battery.
- If your battery is swollen or misshaped - do not charge or use it
- If you have removed the "wrapper" - do not charge or use it
Troubleshoot your battery & B3Pro charger:
- When you plug in your battery and charger - all three lights should turn on - they might initially turn red even if the battery is fully charged.
- if one or more do not light up - stop charging and replace the charger
- If your kit is under warranty, email us at [email protected] and let us know (send picture!)
- When it finishes charging (around 3-4 hours) all three lights will turn green
- if one or more lights remain red - the battery is NOT fully charged and SHOULD NOT BE USED
- Replace the battery (if you know the charger is working properly)
- If it's under warranty, email us at [email protected] and let us know all of your troubleshooting efforts and results - with pictures!
- Did your charger ever make a popping sound and/or smell bad when you plugged it in?
- If so -do not attempt to charge the battery
- If it's under warranty, email us at [email protected] and let us know all of your troubleshooting efforts and results
- If the battery voltage has dropped below 9.6 for the 11.1v battery; or 12.8v for the 14.8v battery - it has been permanently damaged and needs to be replaced.
- If the battery is swollen, will not accept or hold a charge - it has been permanently damaged and needs to be replaced.
Please dispose of the battery responsibly - google "battery recycle center near me'
NOTE: Always send a picture when reaching out to support - especially for warranty replacement.
If the HotRC charger only shows 000 it is most likely a bad battery. This can be caused by failing to charge the battery until it reads FUL. If this is the case the battery is permanently damaged and needs to be replaced.
If the charger readout is blank or shows partial numbers when plugged into a power source - replace the charger.