Step-by-Step ProcedureUpdated a month ago
Step-by-step procedure to successfully run your lure course.
- Always fully charge the battery before EACH USE - even if you only used it a little the time before.
Keep the dog inside while you set up and test the course
It's OK to leave the field pulleys staked in place but NOT THE MAIN DRIVE UNIT - we also recommend winding up the line after each use. If you leave the line out, it may bring water into the drive which is not water proof. It will also cause the line to deteriorate rapidly, thus needing to be replaced more often.
- be sure to use tethers and stakes to hold the pulleys and drive in place. See: https://support.swiftpaws.com/en-US/how-to-use-stakes-and-tethers-22105
- string the line and tie on the flag. See: https://support.swiftpaws.com/en-US/how-to-tie-the-line-flags-onto-the-line-22112
- place the battery in the drive and turn it on
- turn on the remote and wait for it to sync with the drive
- test the course and adjust the tension to be the very lightest possible tension: https://support.swiftpaws.com/en-US/how-to-adjust-swiftpaws-line-tension-22090
- turn the drive and remote off while you get the dog.
Once the course is set up and tested bring out the dog
- Turn on the drive
- Turn on the remote and listen to it sync
- Run the course
- Stop playing before the battery voltage drops to 12.8v see: https://support.swiftpaws.com/en-US/voltages-minimum-maximum-storage-&-replacement-80267
- Recharge the battery no more than 2 days before you intend to use it again
- Do not leave a fully charged battery sitting more than 2 days before use
- Do not store the battery plugged into the drive
- take at least the main drive unit and remote controller into a climate controlled area when not is use. The drive and remote controller house electronics that are not water or weather proof.
Was this article helpful?