Storage of the LiPo Battery
Storage voltage for LiPo batteries is 3.8v per cell - the lipo battery is most stable at that voltage.
- The 11.1v Home Original battery has three (3) cells - so the storage voltage total is 11.4v
- The 14.8v Home Plus battery has four (4) cells - so the storage voltage total is 15.2v
Do not store the LiPo battery in a hot garage, or in a cold refrigerator. Even though a cold battery has less chemical reaction taking place which can prolong its lifespan, taking a battery out from a cold fridge can cause condensation to occur on the inside of the battery, which can be very dangerous.
Storage & Transportation
1) Store battery at room temperature between 40º and 80ºF for best results.
2) Do not expose battery pack to direct sunlight or heat for extended periods, such as that found in closed vehicles.
3) When transporting the battery, the temperature range should be greater than 20ºF but no more than 150ºF.
4) Storing battery at temperatures greater than 170ºF for extended periods of time (more
than 2 hours) may cause damage to battery and possible fire.
5) Store long-term neither fully charged, nor fully discharged.
Long Term Storage
When storing the battery for a long term (more than 3 months), it is recommended to place it in an environment with a temperature of 10-25°C, a low temperature without corrosive gas.
During long-term storage, the battery should be charged and discharged once every 3 months to maintain battery activity and ensure that the voltage of each cell is within the range of 3.7 ~ 3.9V. (multiply the number of cells x 3.7 for total)
Always using a fireproof container such as a battery charging bag to charge the LiPo battery.
Leaving the LiPo battery plugged into the main drive unit when not in use is not recommended. The switch may get accidentally turned on and the battery will continue to drain - and if the voltage drops below the minimum voltage. This will permanently damage the battery. Protect your investment - ALWAYS disconnect the battery plug from the drive when not in use..
It is not recommended to leave your LiPo batteries sitting around with a full charge for more than 2-3 days. If by the 3rd day you realize you are not going to use your battery, you may discharge your battery down to 3.6v-3.8v per cell for safe storage until you are ready to use the battery again. (Note: Home Original 11.1v battery has 3 cells - so multiply the "per cell" voltage by 3 for the total that will show on the HotRC charger; for Home Plus 14.8v 4 cell battery, multiply the "per cell" voltage by 4 for the total that will show in the display)