BEST PRACTICE for optimum performance and longevity of your LiPo battery :
- Disconnect the LiPo battery from your drive between uses.
- It is best to store the battery neither fully charged, nor fully discharged.
- Fully charge the batter before use.
- Bring the battery to room temperature before charging.
- Stop charging after all three LED lights have turned green.
Your SwiftPaws drive will not stop working when the voltage gets too low, this protects your battery. As completely discharging it will shorten its life expectancy.
Generally - While it has an average of 150–250 cycles (charging and discharging is one cycle), a LiPo battery is considered to start “aging” the first day that it is activated. Even if it has not been used, if it's 12-18 months old, performance will begin to decline.
Once your battery has passed 150-250 cycles it will need to be replaced - which, depending on use, could be from 6 months to 2 years.
Other indicators that your battery should be replaced:
- If you notice that performance is declining
- If the wrapper has come loose, or off
- If it is damaged in any way
- If it is swollen or misshaped
- a LiPo battery is deemed to be past its useful lifespan when its capacity has declined to about 80% of its original capacity.
Please make sure to dispose of your LiPo battery properly