Things to be aware of before setting up.
Start with a fully charged battery. Disconnect the charger from the battery before attempting to operate the drive.
The battery cannot be charged while also running the system. Attempting to charge the battery while operating the SwiftPaws drive will result in damage to the battery, charger & drive unit.
When you turn the drive power switch ON
- You will hear a series of startup beeps, this is normal.
- Upon syncing with the remote controller, the machine will make a rapid tone and then stop beeping.
- IF YOUR RECEIVED YOUR REMOTE BEFORE JULY 2020 - when you calibrate your controller: You will feel a series of vibrations when you turn on your remote controller.
- You must WAIT until the controller has stopped vibrating before starting to use the controller. This takes about 10 seconds and allows it to sync fully with the machine before use.
- If you start using the controller too soon the machine may read the “0 rpm” position incorrectly during sync and the machine will begin to run even when the trigger is in the center position.
- If this happens, just turn the controller off and back on, allowing it to fully sync before using.
-- OR --
- IF YOU RECEIVED YOUR REMOTE AFTER JULY 1st 2020 - to Calibrate your controller:
- Turn on the controller and drive
- Move the control trigger fully UP until unit vibrates
- Then move the control trigger fully DOWN until it vibrates
- TO ENTER SLOW SPEED MODE
- after calibrating as above -
- push and hold the control trigger fully down
- TO ENTER SLOW SPEED MODE
-- IF YOU RECEIVED YOUR REMOTE BEFORE JULY 2020 --
- After 90 seconds of playing the system will shut off. The drive unit will beep and the controller will rumble continuously until turned off.
- The only way to initiate a new play session is to turn off the remote and turn it back on again.
- If you have a second pet to play with, we recommend turning off the controller and machine between pets.
- If the system encounters too much drag (i.e. a pet steps on the line) it will begin to perform a stall as a safety shutoff feature.
- In the event of a full-stall the system will shut off for 15 seconds during which time the controller will become inactive.
-- IF YOU RECEIVED YOUR REMOTE AFTER JULY 1st, 2020 --
- 10 seconds before the automatic 90 second shut down (so 80 seconds into a play session) you'll be given an option to bypass the shut-down
- at the 80 second point - to continue to play, bypassing the automatic shutdown:
- The remote will vibrate twice
- the LED will turn from green to RED
- During those 10 seconds - between the 80 and 90 second point you MUST push and hold the on/off button (the one just below the LED light) until the LED turns Greens
- You will be able to continue bypassing the automatic shutdown in this manner.
- The battery takes a couple hours to fully charge. It is charged when all of the lights on the charger turn green.
- If the equipment stops performing as expected, give the remote controller and machine battery a full charge and try running again before troubleshooting further.
- Common issues include low battery in the machine or remote controller; too much or too little tension on the line; too much drag/terrain is too rough.