Please refer to the manual and videos you receive when you order SwiftPaws Pro.
Orient yourself with all equipment and carefully review safety parameters before running your machine.
Below are just the basics:
- Plug in your SwiftPaws machine by itself and practice pulling the trigger (which will turn the drive wheel) and flipping the directional switch (which will change the direction of the drive wheel).
- Get familiar with your field pulleys and practice anchoring them in the ground using the tethers/loops.
- Take a look at the sample course diagrams for reference and decide the layout you want to create.
- Select the area you'll use to set up your course. A large, relatively level field or backyard that has been recently mowed and is free from anything that could be hazardous while running works best.
- Secure the machine in one corner of the course nearest your power source.
- Set the rest of the course by laying out and anchoring your pulleys.
- Stringing the line around the pulleys, starting and ending at the machine.
- Tie the ends of the line together, tie a loop or two for the flags/lures
- Hook your line around the drive wheel of the machine.
- Test the course by running at various speeds and in both directions before running any dogs.