The battery plug is tiny, but you don't have to worry too much about pulling the wires loose. While it is a possibility, we have not seen this happen yet! So while it is a possibility, it is also unlikely.
But we know that it IS hard to get a hold of that tiny plug especially where it is located inside the compartment. There is another way to charge the battery:
FIRST you MUST make 100% sure have the power switch is in the off position- “O” means the power is OFF - (the line means it's on)
- Then you can charge the battery still plugged into the drive -
- Just move the drive close enough to the power outlet to plug the battery to the charger while it stays inside the compartment.
- But please DO NOT TRY TO RUN SWIFTPAWS PLUGGED IN! Doing so would likely fry your circuit board - put another way, it would burn out your drive unit.