The battery plug is small, but you don't have to worry too much about pulling the wires loose. While it is a possibility, we have not seen this happen yet! So while it is a possibility, it is also unlikely.
But we know that it IS hard to get a hold of that tiny plug especially where it is located inside the compartment. There is another way to charge the battery.
DO NOT TRY TO RUN SWIFTPAWS PLUGGED IN!
FIRST you MUST make 100% sure have the power switch is in the off position
- Then you can charge the battery still plugged into the drive -
- Just move the drive close enough to the power outlet to plug the battery to the charger while it stays inside the compartment.
- But please DO NOT TRY TO RUN SWIFTPAWS PLUGGED IN! Doing so would likely fry your circuit board - put another way, it would burn out your drive unit.