The plastic wrapper is part of the battery pack and SHOULD NOT BE REMOVED!!!!
LiPo batteries contain chemicals and should not be explosed - do not puncture or open - dispose of properly - do not use if damaged - they can cause an extremely hot fire that cannot be extingished using water! See: About Your LiPo Battery, How to Store & How to Dispose of Old Ones.
A few tips I found on the Internet on using Lipo batteries:
- Always charge LiPo battery supervised
- Always use the balance charging (balance plug)
- Always use a lipo-safe bag if you have one
- Always dispose LiPo batteries properly.
- NEVER short a LiPo battery.
- NEVER try to use damaged or puffed up LiPo batteries.
- NEVER over-discharge a lipo, it will reduce the life span, and might cause safety issue.