If your rechargeable battery is not working as expected, please contact email@example.com about a replacement (if within the warranty time-frame) or purchase a replacement on our website SwiftPaws.com
Before operating your SwiftPaws home drive - please fully charge the battery.
For optimum performance and longevity of your LiPo battery - it is best to:
- Disconnect the LiPo battery from your drive between uses.
- It is best to store the battery neither fully charged, nor fully discharged.
- Fully charge the batter before use.
- Bring the battery to room temperature before charging.
- Stop charging after all three LED lights have turned green.
The newest production drive (Shipped after Dec. 10, 2020) has been designed to not allow the battery to become completely discharged. This protects your battery. As completely discharging it will shorten its life expectancy.
Do not use your battery if it is swollen. It should look like the image below:
NOTE: Do not charge or use a cold battery, please warm >50 degrees F - before charging or using. Do not charge if battery is very hot (i.e.: left in a hot car) allow to cool before charging.
Charging the battery:
Plug the battery into the charger as instructed (Using the four pin port with red wire facing center of charger).
- When all three LED lights on the charger turn green your battery should be fully charged.
- If one more LED lights do not turn green after at least 4 hrs of charging, contact support@swiftPaws.com and explain what you're experiencing.
- Do not leave the battery on the charger after it is fully charged.
- Use the fully charged battery within a day or so for maximum power.
A fully charged battery should last long enough for about 10 minutes of motor run time, or approximately Five, 90 second play sessions.
- Once this approximately 10 minute limit is up, please charge the battery again.
Your SwiftPaws drive is designed to stop working if the battery reaches low voltage - this prevents damage to the battery, as completely discharging your battery will shorten it's life expectancy and possibly its overall performance as well.
Do not use or attempt to charge a swollen or misshaped battery, please dispose of it properly.
Tip: For longer run times - additional batteries or larger capacity batteries are good options. Please search this knowledge base for more information.