If your remote will not turn on, or suddenly stops working
If your remote suddenly fails to turn on:
- Check that the battery is making sufficient contact.
- it might be jarred loose if the remote is dropped, particularly on its end. The weight of the battery can bend the contact just enough to cause a poor connection.
- Or the battery might have actually slipped out of position.
- This has also been known to happen if your doggo attempts to operate SwiftPaws by chewing on the remote. 😅
To check the battery in the remote: (see illustration below)
- Remove the two screws from the case,
- Separate the two halves.
- Make sure the battery is making sufficient contact.
- "reseat" the battery if it's out of place by pressing it into position.
- If the end connectors are bent outward causing a loose connection, carefully press them back into place so that each end of the battery is making firm contact with the two connectors.
- This contacts might become loose if the remote is dropped on its end - the weight of the battery can bend the contact just enough to cause a poor connection.
- If the battery is completely removed - make sure the positive (+) end is facing toward the bottom of the remote handle when replacing it.
About the battery:
The remote has a replaceable battery inside which should be good for a year or two.
- Use a CR123A battery
- do NOT use a rechargeable battery in the remote