Charging, Use, and Storage 14.8v BatteryUpdated 4 months ago
LiPo batteries require very specific handling & misuse is not covered under the warranty
To avoid damaging your battery, or having to replace your battery prematurely. It’s important to follow all of the instructions below – but the list is not complete. Please also click the links for more general & specific information.
1) Always charge to full INCLUDING the first charge out of the box, even if you only used it a little the time before. BECAUSE: The last stage of the charge cycle balances the voltage between the internal cells in the battery pack. TO AVOID DAMAGE from using it in an imbalanced state, which will cause it to swell and permanently damage the battery.
The maximum capacity (~16.7v) will naturally decline with use and over time - once the max declines to 13.44v it has reached the end of its lifespan
2) Do not leave the battery plugged into the charger after it reaches a full charge
3) Always stop to recharge the battery when it reaches 13v, to avoid over-discharging
4) Do not leave the battery plugged into the drive unit when not in use
5) Do not leave the battery fully charged or discharged (13v) longer than 2 days without using it.
- A great habit to develop if the battery will be unused is to keep at the storage voltage (15.2v) and then fully charge just before use.
6) Always store at 15.2v - and every three months - charge to full & discharge to 15.2v before continuing storage - to maintain battery health.
7) Always charge and store the battery inside a charging bag
CAUTION: The battery should always be allowed to come to room-temperature before charging. Charging a hot or cold battery might delay charging or damage the battery. For best results, charge the battery at temperatures between 50º and 80ºF (10º-30ºC).
The advice given above is general in nature and you are responsible for the safety of your batteries. SwiftPaws is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of batteries sold by SwiftPaws.com.