LiPo Battery CareUpdated 9 months ago
Caring for a LiPo Battery
There's nothing you can do to prevent your battery from wearing out, but you can get the most out of your LiPo battery through proper use, charging, and storage.
- Never leave the battery plugged into the drive unit when not in use - even just short term.
- It is recommended to use a fire resistant charging bag or container when charging the LiPo battery.
- Do not leave the battery charging unattended.
- Use the battery charger recommended for your battery.
- Avoid over-discharging the battery. Use your Home Original battery for approximately 10 minutes of MOTOR RUN TIME and then recharge. (30 minutes for Home Plus 14.8v battery)
- Avoid over-charging the battery. Monitor charging and when all three lights turn green, remove the battery from the charger. (For Home Plus battery, when the readout reaches the maximum capacity - this number does decrease over time)
- Use caution to avoid puncture of the cell. Puncture of cells may cause fire. LiPo batteries contain chemicals and should not be exposed - do not puncture or open - dispose of properly - do not use if damaged - they can cause an extremely hot fire that cannot be extinguished using water!
- Immediately stop using or charging a battery that is swollen or misshaped. Dispose of it properly.
- Always charge the battery inside a fireproof container away from anything flammable.
- Always fully charge before each use to assure proper balance of all cells inside the battery.
- You may interrupt charging at any time (for example when you cannot be physically in attendance - like while you sleep) but do not use the battery until it reaches a full charge.
- Store and transport the battery properly.
- Keep, use, store, and transport the battery within the proper temperatures.
- Learn all you can about LiPo batteries in general and about your specific battery
- Home Original uses an 11.1v 3 cell battery
- Home Plus uses a 14.8v 4 cell battery.
Search articles in this support center on specific topics for more in-depth information.
CAUTION: The battery should always be allowed to come to room-temperature before charging. Charging a hot or cold battery might delay charging or damage the battery. For best results, charge the battery at temperatures between 50º and 80ºF (10º-30ºC).
The advice given above is general in nature and you are responsible for the safety of your batteries. SwiftPaws is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of batteries sold by SwiftPaws.com.