Quick Tips on Battery UseUpdated 10 months ago
Here are some tips on using the battery:
- Always disconnect the battery from the drive when not in use - even for short interruptions in play.
- Always fully charge the battery before EVERY use (including first time out of the box!)
- Always charge the battery INSIDE the charging bag
- Always remove the battery from the charger as soon as it is fully charged
- Always stop to recharge the battery before the voltage drops below the minimum voltage.
- For Home Plus minimum voltage is 12.8 v
- For Home Original minimum voltage is 9.6v (about five 90 second play sessions or 10 min.)
- Always attend the charging process - if necessary, stop charging and start again when you can be present. Just don't USE the battery until it is fully charged.
- Replace your battery when the maximum capacity reaches 80%
- For Home Plus 80% is 13.44v
- For Home Original 80% is 10.08v
- NEVER attempt to charge or use a battery that is swollen or damaged
- Keep the swollen / damaged battery away from anything flammable
- To recycle responsibly - google "battery recycle center near me"
- Take the swollen / damaged battery to the recycle place ASAP
CAUTION: The battery should always be allowed to come to room-temperature before charging. Charging a hot or cold battery might delay charging or damage the battery. For best results, charge the battery at temperatures between 50º and 80ºF (10º-30ºC).
The advice given above is general in nature and you are responsible for the safety of your batteries. SwiftPaws is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of batteries sold by SwiftPaws.com.
Was this article helpful?