Recharge LiPo Battery Before Fully Discharging - YES!
LiPo batteries don't develop memory or voltage depression characteristics like NiCd/NiHm batteries, and do not need to be discharged before being charged 🎉
- Charge your battery fully before each use. Develop a habit that works well with your particular usage.
- If you use SwiftPaws daily, a good habit is to recharge the battery after use so that it is ready for the next day. Be sure to allow battery to come to room temperature before charging and using the battery.
- If you do not use it daily, charge the battery a day or two before you plan to use it.
- If you fully charge the battery and do not use it by day three, discharge the battery.
- Do not leave the battery plugged into your drive when not in use.
- Do not leave the battery plugged into the charger once it is fully charged.
- Do not leave the battery on the charger unsupervised. Remove the battery from the charger and then continue charging later if necessary.
CAUTION: The battery should always be allowed to come to room-temperature before charging. Charging a hot or cold battery might delay charging or damage the battery. For best results, charge the battery at temperatures between 50º and 80ºF (10º-30ºC).
The advice given above is general in nature and you are responsible for the safety of your batteries. SwiftPaws is not responsible for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages and personal injuries, including that to life, and health, resulting from the customer’s application and use of batteries sold by SwiftPaws.com.