Charging the 11.1v Home Original Battery
- Always fully charge the battery before each use
- The maximum capacity is 12.6v (this number slowly declines over time - this is normal - replace your battery once the maximum capacity reaches 80% ()
- Always monitor charging and remove the battery from the charger as soon as it reaches full charge
- Once it reaches all three green lights
- Always stop using the battery before it reaches the minimum voltage of 9.6v
- This is about five 90 second play sessions (Each time you by-pass the auto shut-down counts as one session)
- Discharging below 9.6v will permanently damage the battery
- Use the fully charged battery within a day or two
- If you aren’t going to use the battery, wait to charge it until the day before you know you are going to use it
- Store the battery at 11.4v
- Always unplug the battery from the main drive unit when not in use
- The battery may continue to drain if left plugged in, causing it to discharge below the minimum, permanently damaging the battery
How to charge your SwiftPaws Home original 11.1v battery using B3 Pro charger.
Charging can take up to 4 hours - charge all the way to full before each use!
1) Attach the power cord to the charger - all three lights should light up. If one or more lights do not light up the charger is not working properly - DO NOT USE - replace it or if under warranty, email [email protected]
2) Plug the charger into the AC power outlet
The battery itself has two connectors:
the connector shaped like this, plugs into the charger
This connector shaped like this, plugs into the drive
4) Place battery inside fire resistant charging bag or box.
5) Only charge when you are available to monitor the process. If you need to stop charging, unplug the battery from the charger. Resume recharging when you are available to supervise the process.
DO NOT USE the battery until you continue charging to full.
The image below shows the most common lights & what they mean.
6) When the battery is fully charged:
PLUG IN THE CHARGER ALONE without a battery attached, the lights may be either red or green but ALL THREE should light up! If one or more LEDs do not light up - the charger is not working properly. Contact us for warranty support (if it's still under warranty) - or purchase a new charger at SwiftPaws.com
- All three LED lights should light up, they might initially be red even if the battery is fully charged. The LED lights will turn green once the charger senses each cell in the battery pack is fully balanced.
If you hear a popping sound, see smoke, smell an electrical odor - disconnect the charger from the power outlet - disconnect the battery from the charger - and do not attempt to use it.
If the battery is puffy, swollen, feels squishy - do not attempt to use or charge the battery.
Note: The battery connector and the charger receptacle are "keyed" to prevent plugging the battery into the charger backwards.
The Upgraded charger sold on SwiftPaws.com may also be used to charge the 11.1v battery. It has a digital readout so you know exactly what the voltage of the battery is.
DO NOT CHARGE OR USE A BATTERY THAT IS SWOLLEN. Please dispose of any damaged battery safely. Google "Battery recycle center near me" to find the locations that will accept batteries for recycling (they should not be placed into the trash.)
If your charger is not working as expected, please contact [email protected]
CAUTION: The battery should always be allowed to come to room-temperature before charging. Charging a hot or cold battery might delay charging or damage the battery. For best results, charge the battery at temperatures between 50º and 80ºF (10º-30ºC).