Why does my 11.1v Battery only lasts for a few minutes?Updated 8 months ago
A fully charged battery lasts for about 10 minutes of runtime (that's the time the motor is actually running, idle time between runs does not count!) If your battery only lasts a minute or two, your battery and/or charger might need replacing.
Check the condition of your battery. If it is damaged, swollen, or misshaped do not attempt to use or charge it. Dispose of it properly (Google "battery recycle center near me")
If your battery is around a year old or more, it may have come to the end of its life expectancy. Note: a LiPo battery begins to age from the first charge. Once a battery reaches 80% capacity, it's time to replace it.
Please note: do not remove the "wrapper" from your battery. If it is missing or torn please do not attempt to use or charge the battery. It should be replaced.
Try these suggestions before contacting us - and let us know your results so we can better serve you!
- Be sure you're starting with a freshly, fully charged battery.
- Make sure your charger is working properly.
- Using the B3 Pro charger - Plug it in without a battery attached - If one or more LEDs do not light up at all the charger is not working.
- Using the Upgraded HotRC charger - if the display does not light up at all (it might take a few moments to display) - or if only some of the display lights up - it is not working properly.
- Charge until all three lights turn green (or to maximum capacity).
- Do not leave the battery charging unattended or over night.
- Check your course and correct for anything that might be putting undue stress (drag) on the system (i.e.: any area where the string might be getting bogged down; tall grass, slight bump, etc.)
- for example - if your course is set up on a hillside - this will put a greater strain on the battery than if it is on a flat field.
- If nothing mentioned can be considered the cause and you’re still experiencing poor battery performance, contact us at [email protected] and send pictures or videos. We’ll get to the bottom of this!
- Always send pictures / videos of your course setup and the battery / charger 👍
Note: you may interrupt charging and continue charging later - as long as you don't USE the battery until it has been fully charged and balanced.
CAUTION: The battery should always be allowed to come to room-temperature before charging. Charging a hot or cold battery might delay charging or damage the battery. For best results, charge the battery at temperatures between 50º and 80ºF (10º-30ºC).